Expertise of our Commercial Property Law Solicitors in London
We provide expert commercial property law advice in areas including:
- landlord and tenant matters including commercial leases and licences.
- freehold acquisitions including dealing with positive covenants in the transfer.
- the acquisition and disposal of commercial property such as office, retail, industrial and licensed premises as well as portfolio management.
- advising on the commercial property aspects of corporate transactions.
- real estate development.
- commercial property financing.
- construction contracts.
- acting for Receivers in the sale of property.
- acting for public sector clients including government departments under the compulsory purchase regime
Why choose our commercial property solicitors?
- We adopt a very commercial approach – we will make any negotiations as swift as possible while making sure your business is protected.
- EM Law has an experienced team of specialist commercial solicitors who are highly qualified to advise and negotiate your commercial transactions.
- Our experience includes not just London and UK commercial property, we can help with overseas commercial property transactions as well.
- Our lawyers are highly responsive and will deal with your transaction rapidly.
Our Commercial Property Law Experience
- Advising some of the largest landlords in the UK, including The Crown Estate, National Trust, National Grid Property Holdings and various investment funds.
- Advising small companies and entrepreneurs on their commercial property needs in London and across the UK, which has included:
- advising a new restaurant chain on the acquisition of a number of leasehold retail premises across London and the new lease of a warehouse distribution centre.
- advising a national retailer on the acquisition of new retail premises nationwide structured as new leases, assignments of leases and purchases of freeholds (including both asset sales and corporate acquisitions).
- advising a national Care Home Group on the acquisition of both office and care home premises across the UK.
- advising on the acquisition and disposal of various property-based companies including hotels, petrol stations and retail companies.
- Advising banks on lending to property developers, property investors, landed estates and small businesses.
- Leading property-based M&A deals worth over EUR 1.4BN, including two of the largest deals of the last several years in Central Europe:
- sale of the Trigranit international property portfoilio (EUR 550M).
- sale of the Silesia Center, Poland (EUR 412M).
- acquisition of Empark Business Park, Poland (EUR 140M).
- sale of a property portfolio in Texas and Arizona, USA (US $250M).
Our lead lawyer for our commercial property law service is James Williamson. James has gained extensive experience in one of the UK’s leading national firms. Examples of his experience:
“I just wanted to say thank you for your help throughout this purchase. James and the firm were immensely professional and made the process painless.” – A
“James has been more than generous – he has really been amazing at guiding me through this process.” – Claire Goodwin Director CG Consultancy