Software and Technology
- Drafting and negotiating U.S. reseller arrangements for a UK cloud-based VoIP provider.
- Drafting and negotiating SaaS agreements for the supply of traffic data monitoring services to public authorities in the US.
- Drafting and negotiating SaaS arrangements for the supply of real estate management services to various banks in Ghana and Kenya.
- Drafting and negotiating SaaS agreements for the supply of storage facilities for a Hong Kong based client supplying to a major Japanese corporation.
- Drafting and negotiating SaaS agreement for the supply of customer support services for a Californian-based tech company supplying services in the UK.
- Providing a suite of SaaS templates for a Danish company supplying training courses around the world.
- Advising a Canadian business on the procurement of a tax system from an Indian supplier to the Government of Somalia following World Bank and FCDO rules.
- Supporting a UK business on tenders for and then the supply, implementation. development and licensing of software to several governments in Sub-Saharan Africa, South East and Central Asia.
- Advising a UK engineering consultancy business on the sale of its subsidiary in Vietnam.
- Advising a Canadian company on the acquisition of a UK business which included branch office operations in Zambian.
- Advising a UK business on the establishment of subsidiaries / branches in Mozambique, Kenya, Tanzania, Angola, Philippines, Vietnam, and Indonesia.
- Advising on the provision of seed funding for a green power project in Ghana (the “Cenpower project”).
- Advising a company based in Malta on the acquisition of a software asset from a UK business.
- Advising a Washington-based international consultancy on the restructuring of its operations in the UK.
- Advising a US-based entity on an EMI scheme to implement in the UK.
- Advising a super yacht broker on various contracts with counterparties based overseas.
- Advising a German business on the termination of certain retailer contracts in the UK.
- Advising an Indian traffic data monitoring business on various joint venture arrangements in the UK as well as standard customer supply contracts.
- Advising a UK consultancy buisness on a supply of services contract with banks in New Zealand and Australia.
- Advising a UK based international recruitment business on data protection compliance in the UK and overseas.
- Advising a UK based international risk advisory practice on data protection compliance in the UK and overseas.
- Advising a Washington-based international development consultancy on data protection compliance in the UK.
- Advising an Australian SaaS provider on its data protection obligations in the UK.
We are one of the only law firms in the UK with specific experience of helping clients in the aid-funded business sector. We help major FCDO suppliers and suppliers to other donors and IFIs with:
- The delivery of donor funded projects in emerging and frontier markets.
- Dispute resolution on cases involving international courts.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts to support government projects.
- Employment law advice.
- Support with following international and domestic law in various jurisdictions and dealing with the legal issues around these.
- The bidding for large public sector contracts following World Bank, EU, FCDO, African Development Bank and Asian Development Bank rules and international treaties.
- The delivery of major international development projects around the world through high value consultancy, supply of services and supply of goods agreements.
Why Choose EM Law for International Commercial law work?
We are an outward looking firm and we particularly enjoy working for clients who are based overseas or who want to do business in foreign jurisdictions. In these circumstances it is especially important to adopt a commercial approach and to be able to draw on first hand experience of working in these markets. National laws of course differ but with our experience we are able to spot areas where local legal advice is or is not needed.