We are experts in software and technology law. Our software and technology lawyers handle a diverse range of software and technology law projects from working with web designers and digital marketing businesses to help put in place their standard conditions of supply to representing major cloud-based solution providers rolling out services in foreign jurisdictions.
Our software and technology lawyers secure our clients’ intellectual property rights with their customers, suppliers and employees and we provide commercial solutions to enable our clients to engage with their customers in a seamless way.
Services provided by our Software and Technology Lawyers
We advise on a wide range of software and technology law matters including putting in place:
- channel provider agreements
- escrow arrangements
- evaluation licences
- outsourcing contracts
- reseller arrangements
- service level agreements
- software as a service arrangements
- software development agreements
- software distributor agreements
- software licences
- support and maintenance agreements
- systems integration agreements
- website design and hosting agreements
Software and Technology Lawyers – Our Experience
Here are some example of work performed by our software and technology lawyers:
- advising a major player in the international development sector on all aspects of its software supply, integration and support service to governments in Africa and Asia
- advising a telecommunications business on a wide range of commercial agreements in connection with its cloud-based VOIP service including its channel provider agreements, distributor agreements, shared facilities agreements, dial-through fraud protection guarantees; service level arrangements and platform agreements
- advising a tech company based in California on the supply of its helpdesk platform solutions to Formula 1 and other UK businesses
- advising an e-discovery business on a range of agreements for its e-discovery and forensics services business including terms and conditions of business, conflict policies; master services agreements and software licences
- advising a property management software business on its software-as-a-service supply to various banks in Ghana
- advising a traffic monitoring provider on its software-as-a-service supply to clients in the UK and overseas and on a bid to supply traffic data to an authority in the U.S.
- advising a start-up in connection with the development of a mobile app that will provide access to medical support for members of the public in Sub-Saharan Africa
- advising the UK’s Department for International Development on the procurement of a geospatial database to monitor activities in Helmand Province, Afghanistan
- advising the UK’s Department for International Development on the contractual arrangements and the IPR and data protection issues around a major project to collect “green projects” data in Africa and Latin America
- advising a website design and development business on all aspects of its operations including putting in place standard website design and development agreements, SLAs, hosting agreements and licence arrangements
Lead software and technology lawyer
Neil has been advising on software and technology contracts since 2002. He has advised clients on the legal aspects of the design, delivery and implementation of software solutions on a local, national and international scale often in the context of international tenders run by state authorities. He has acted for start-ups, SMEs, state entities and multinationals.