Neil Williamson is a corporate and commercial lawyer and the founder of EM Law.
Neil qualified at Halliwells in 2001 and then joined the corporate department at Solomon Taylor & Shaw specialising in the multi-million pound sale and purchase of private companies and the structuring of joint ventures and shareholder agreements. In 2003 Neil joined a firm that focused on helping French businesses invest in the UK and, in addition to advising on corporate matters, he also represented technology, communication and website development businesses advising on a wide range of software and data supply contracts.
In 2005 Neil joined Marriott Davies Yapp LLP where he continued to advise on a broad range of commercial and technology contracts mainly for clients delivering projects to reform and modernise government ministries and state sector entities in the emerging and frontier markets. Neil’s work involved extensive travel in Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe.
In 2013 he founded EM Law. Neil’s work is now split between helping clients operate overseas and helping local and overseas investors do business in the UK. Neil’s diverse experience enables him to help clients with a wide range of matters and to offer clients a creative and commercial approach to their challenges.
Examples of his work:
- supporting a software consultancy with its supply contracts, licensing arrangements and general commercial matters
- advising several suppliers in the aid-funded business sector on all aspects of their business and putting in place a wide range of standard contracts for them to use with their partners, subcontractors and consultants
- helping a cloud-based telecommunications provider with its supply contracts, licensing arrangements, business acquisitions and general commercial matters
- general legal support for all aspects of the business of a well-known student snowsports tour operator
- drafting contracts for the supply of goods and services for a variety of start-ups and SMEs
- wide commercial and legal support for leading names in the international development sector including advice on operations abroad
- supporting clients with the buying and selling of private companies by share purchase and asset purchase
- supporting clients receiving equity investment
- advising an oil exploration business with a production sharing agreement for a deal in the Middle East
- extensive commercial and legal support for the winning of and delivery of large public sector projects for the supply of consultancy services and software solutions to various governments in Africa, Central and Southern Asia and Eastern Europe
- advising on the terms of joint development / seed financing arrangements for the construction of an electrical power plant in Ghana (the Cenpower project) and a cold storage facility in Vietnam
Contact Neil Williamson
Tel: +44 (0) 203 637 6374