Sharon Playford is our lead media lawyer. Examples of her experience include:
- advising an international group of media companies on a wide range of legal agreements including UK and international media buying agreements, IT procurement agreements, TV production agreements, international affiliate agreements and software licences. Also advising on social media, privacy and data protection matters including in relation to the use of near field technology.
- supporting a creative advertising agency by negotiating client/agency agreements, event management agreements, TV production agreements and advising on advertising compliance, IP issues and experiential marketing and social media campaigns. Providing general media law services as required by the business.
- drafting and negotiating client/agency contracts – dealing with both private sector clients and public sector procurement departments.
- reviewing and advising on public sector standard roster terms and conditions.
- negotiating, vetting and drafting consultancy agreements, supplier terms and conditions, IP assignments, IT agreements (including website and software development, hosting and support services all drafted from a supplier perspective) and drafting precedent agreements.
- providing general advice relating to intellectual property and legal compliance particularly in relation to client deliverables and contractual compliance obligations.
- data protection compliance advice.
- carrying out in-house training sessions to group agencies in relation to risk management, client agreements, current laws awareness and third party intellectual property rights.
- advising a national newspaper (UK) on a wide range of commercial agreements including: media law sponsorship agreements and licensing arrangements (including photo and news content licenses).
- online partnership agreements including whitelabel website agreements; supply agreements; syndication agreements; high value advertising campaign agreements; agency agreements.
- confidentiality agreements.
- soft intellectual property issues including copyright, trade marks and passing off.
- enforcing intellectual property rights against infringing parties and advising on new and existing law, in particular the law on gambling, data protection, financial services, e-commerce and media law and regulations relating to advertising and sales promotions.
Neil Williamson also supports our media law clients. Examples of his work include:
- drafting and negotiating various agreements with major TV channels and publishers for the design, development and delivery of video player hubs on their websites.
- advising a major PR agency on data protection compliance and drafting all of their data protection policies and notices.
- providing supply of services templates for several digital marketing agencies.
- providing a PR agency with an influencer agreement.