We are experts in employment law. Our solicitors provide practical and cost-effective solutions to employers and employees and we handle both contentious and non-contentious employment law work. We help with the employment aspects of corporate and outsourcing transactions and guide employers on TUPE and integration matters around these deals.
Employment law solicitors
Our employment law solicitors advise on a wide range of employment law issues such as executive recruitment, employment contracts, secondment agreements, disciplinary and grievance procedures, termination of employment and privacy and social media issues. We also have specific expertise in putting in place employee share option schemes and share incentive plans.
Expertise of our employment law firm
Our employment law firm can advise you on:
- bonus disputes
- confidentiality agreements
- consultancy agreements
- due diligence and warranty support for transactions
- employment contracts
- employment tribunal work
- employee share incentive schemes
- grievance investigations and hearings
- disciplinary investigations and hearings
- outsourcing contracts
- restrictive covenants / non-compete provisions
- settlement agreements (for employees)
- settlement agreements (for employers)
- team moves
- whistleblowing and whistleblowing policies
Examples of work performed by our employment law solicitors
- advising an educational institution regarding numerous grievance and disciplinary situations.
- advising an IT company regarding the employment law issues surrounding international fraud committed by an employee director shareholder including in relation to the disciplinary and appeal processes and regarding a grievance brought by the director.
- advising a construction company regarding disciplinary proceedings against an employee in relation to unauthorised absence and misconduct in the office, drafting correspondence to send to the employee and also advising them regarding management of a long term sick employee and potential disability discrimination issues surrounding her.
- advising many senior executives and employees facing performance management at work and other employment law issues.
- advising and representing a well-known national charity in relation to a disability discrimination claim and issues surrounding disciplinary matters and grievances raised by employees.
- advising and successfully defending a global IT company in relation to a claim of sex discrimination arising out of gender reassignment.
Contracts and Transactions
- advising a PLC regarding international employment and secondment arrangements and drafting employment contracts and secondment agreements relating to these matters.
- leading a team to deliver a wholesale file audit and review of terms and conditions for all UK-based employees of a music recording and publishing company before its sale.
- advising a leading independent film and television company on senior executive hires: drafted and negotiated service agreements with complex bonus and termination provisions for C-suite executives.
- advising an accountancy practice on the employment law aspects of its acquisition of another practice and in relation to issues under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employees) Regulations 2006 (TUPE).
- drafting, reviewing and amending directors’ service agreements, contracts of employment and policies and procedures in Staff Handbooks.
- drafting and amending consultancy agreements for a media company and for several international development businesses.
Redundancy and Settlement Agreements
- supporting a medical research charity through several rounds of redundancies: drafting and negotiating settlement agreements.
- advising a multinational communications company throughout a wide-ranging redundancy and TUPE exercise affecting employees in several countries including comprehensive written and telephone advice, drafting the legal documents and correspondence to employees affected.
- advising a foreign bank in the UK regarding a merger and collective redundancy and TUPE issues arising from the merger.
- drafting and negotiating settlement agreements for an international development company.
- advising a procurement joint venture regarding a large-scale redundancy exercise with TUPE implications including drafting advisory briefing notes, relevant Board minutes, scripts for the collective and individual redundancy consultation meetings and correspondence to send to employees regarding the redundancies and other employment law advice.
- advising employers and employees regarding the enforceability of restrictive covenants and practical and tactical issues surrounding their enforcement.
- advising a spin studio regarding enforcing restrictive covenants against an instructor who had left the studio to work for a competitor and who was soliciting customers from our client’s business.
- advising an accountancy practice regarding enforcing restrictive covenants arising on an employee leaving the practice and setting up her own business.
- advising and settling a Tribunal claim for a construction company regarding unfair dismissal and holiday pay.
- advising a medical professional regarding her potential claims for whistle blowing and unfair dismissal after she made protected disclosures in her resignation letter and was suspended.
- advising and representing a senior scientist in relation to her claims for constructive unfair dismissal and maternity discrimination after she was overlooked for promotion during her maternity leave and her grievance was mishandled.
What do our clients say about employment law work?
“We have worked with Neil and his colleagues on a number of different company issues including business acquisitions, client contract and employment law. Neil and his team have always provided very professional help and have been very efficient in meeting our needs. We would highly recommend Neil and his team.”
Dave Dadds CEO DRD Communications Ltd
“Neil and Helen provided us with an employment contract and terms and conditions of business. We found Neil and Helen to be extremely informative and helpful throughout the process. They managed to provide us with the contracts within a quick time frame and to a very high standard, with everything we asked for. They also came back promptly with answering any further questions or queries. Would highly recommend.”
Grant Lambert MD Honor Search (Digital Recruitment)
“Imogen is a fantastic employment lawyer. Clear, supportive and very skilled in her area. Imogen is not like other lawyers. She explains the law and its potential outcomes in a way that is approachable, and from which you can make decisions. Imogen also advises on the decision making process, playing out the situations that might arise and how one might overcome these. Most importantly, Imogen is pragmatic to a fault. Unlike other lawyers and law firms, she understands that employment law can be a sensitive topic and she translates the law into activities and actions that are best for any one individual and their situation. She is available, reassuring and extremely mature and well versed in her handling of cases. I cannot recommend Imogen highly enough.”
LC, Director at a Management Consultancy
- Bonus Disputes
- Confidentiality Agreements (Employment)
- Consultancy Agreements
- Disciplinary Investigations and Disciplinary Hearings
- Due diligence and warranty support for transactions (employment law aspects)
- Employee Settlement Agreements – Settlement Agreement Solicitors
- Employment Contracts
- Employment Tribunal: Bringing or Defending a Claim
- Grievance Investigations and Hearings
- Restrictive Covenants
- Settlement Agreement Calculator
- Settlement Agreement Solicitors for Employees
- Settlement Agreement Solicitors For Employers
- Team Moves
- Whistleblowing and whistleblowing policies