Our corporate law firm deals with any type of corporate transactions. Our corporate lawyers advise our clients on a wide range of corporate law matters such as the purchase of private businesses either by way of share purchase or asset purchase, providing or receiving equity or debt investment and the establishment of joint venture and shareholder agreements.
Our corporate law firm in London works for local and national clients as well as clients based overseas investing in the UK. Since the firm was established we have advised clients on transactions ranging in value from £80,000 to $100 million.
Our lead lawyers for corporate law advice are Barry Doherty, James Ferrow and Neil Williamson.
All the corporate law services provided by EM Law
- share purchase agreements
- asset purchase agreements
- shareholders agreements
- articles of association
- share option agreements
- share buy-backs
- equity investments
- due diligence
- management buy-outs and buy-ins
- the establishment of joint venture vehicles
Examples of our corporate law work
- private company acquisitions and sales (mergers and acquisitions) including cross-border transactions
- putting in place employee and executive share option schemes for small to multinational companies
- advising a Canadian company on the acquisition of a UK headquartered group of companies
- advising a Swiss entity on funding, shareholder, share purchase and fund management arrangements
- advising the shareholders of a UK technology company on the disposal of most of their shares to an Italian corporate investor
- advising a Maltese company on the acquisition of a UK-based tour operator
- advising a UK communications technology company on the acquisition of a reseller
- advising a food business on an equity investment from an Italian brand
- advising a UK tour operator on joint venture and shareholder arrangements
- advising a tech company on the sale of a division of its business
What do our clients say about our corporate solicitors in London?
“We have worked with Neil and his colleagues on a number of different company issues including business acquisitions, client contract and employment matters. Neil and his team have always provided very professional help and have been very efficient in meeting our needs. We would highly recommend Neil and his team.”
Dave Dadds CEO DRD Communications Ltd
“We have been working with Neil for many years now, more recently on a retained basis because he has become someone we trust and who understands our business requirements. Neil has proven himself to be incredibly adaptable and has always been our go-to person for the more complex commercial agreements we have had to put in place. Neil is relaxed, engaging but also very professional and can lend his breadth of experience to provide considered opinion to many different areas of law. But it’s his detailed analysis and instinctive assessment of a commercial scenario and his ability to get to grips with the business requirement, the causes and effects that make him an invaluable sounding board for us.”Rupert Wood CEO Wasteland Ski Ltd
“Neil is able to address complex issues, give us advice that we can follow and come up with creative solutions. He adapts quickly to new challenges. He is a great person to have on our team.”
Ismet Yucetas CEO Middle East Air Drilling Services
Barry Doherty, Neil Williamson and James Ferrow
Corporate law solicitors
Our solicitors advise on a wide range of corporate matters including private company mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, company re-organisations, shareholder and asset purchase agreements, share buy-backs, corporate governance and private equity deals.