Barry is a corporate lawyer with over 25 years experience gained in leading UK law firms including Pinsents, Wragge & Co and, as a partner and head of department, Weightmans in Birmingham. He has been described in the Legal 500 as “practical and experienced, one to recommend.”
Barry has advised on a wide range of corporate law matters including private company mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, company re-organisations, shareholder agreements, share buy-backs, corporate governance and private equity deals. He has acted for venture capitalists such as 3i, Bridgepoint, AMJ (now Aberdeen Asset Management) and LDC as well as management teams.
Barry has written several articles for the Financial Times, Independent Retailer and other journals and is a course assessor for the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Examples of Barry’s work at EM Law:
- advising on and producing numerous shareholder agreements and changes to Articles of Association including with complex international elements;
- providing corporate support for putting in place share option schemes;
- advising on a share capital reduction;
- advising a UK company on the granting of security in favour of an overseas bank;
- assisting with the acquisition of a UK software business;
- advising on capital raises for a high-growth data science start-up; and
- advising a telecoms business on a merger with another UK business.