Our data protection law firm has helped multiple companies since the introduction of GDPR in 2018. This European law has had a profound effect on the data protection landscape. Our lawyers provide expert legal advice on data protection laws and practice, helping our clients comply with their legal obligations in an efficient and practical way. We helped several clients become GDPR compliant before GDPR come into effect and we are helping new clients on an ongoing basis with their compliance programmes.
Data Protection Solicitors
Our data protection lawyers have helped a wide range of clients needing advice on interpreting GDPR and other data protection laws, implementing systems to comply with their obligations around handling personal data and drafting privacy policies.
We have helped start-ups, SMEs, major names in the advertising and publishing world and a government department.
Data Protection Law examples
Data protection law compliance is complicated if you don’t know the law! We help clients with:
- compliance with GDPR / the Data Protection Act 2018 (you can also access our GDPR guide for companies here)
- implementing processes and systems to help clients comply with data laws
- helping organisations understand their data handling obligations
- including appropriate clauses in contracts to mitigate risk and ensure legal compliance
- data mapping
- privacy policies / standards
- fair processing / privacy notices
- data retention policies
- international data transfers
- data processor agreements
- records of processing activities
- dealing with individuals exercising their rights under data laws
Neil Williamson is the firm’s main contact for data protection advice.
Examples of our data protection law experience
Our data protection solicitors have help a wide range of businesses and other organisations with data protection compliance. Here are some examples of the work we have done:
- advising several clients – including clients with operations outside the EEA – on the implications of the GDPR coming into force and making them compliant by providing them with the necessary documentation and advising them on changes to their processes.
- updating standard form contracts to make them GDPR compliant.
- updating DFID’s standard terms and conditions for suppliers to include extensive provisions dealing with data protection.
- advising a telecommunications provider on their data handling obligations and negotiating several major contracts on their behalf involving cross border data transfers.
- advising a business that processes large amounts of data on behalf of law firms on its contracts with clients and suppliers.
- advising a direct marketing agency on its privacy obligations and putting in place systems to ensure that data was collected lawfully.
- advising a major newspaper (in an in-house capacity) on data protection compliance.
- advising a media investment company (in an in-house capacity) on data protection compliance.
- advising an international church on GDPR / PECR challenges around a database with hundreds of thousands of individuals on it and how to overcome them.
- advising a leading PR business with overseas operations on GDPR compliance and providing training to staff.
- advising an international business in the risk advisory / corporate due diligence industry on GDPR compliance.
Get in touch with our data protection solicitors if you have any questions.
Data Protection Solicitor
Neil is an expert on interpreting GDPR and other data protection laws. He has helped multiple companies to implement systems to comply with their obligations around handling personal data and drafting privacy policies.