Colin is an associate solicitor specialising in commercial contracts, technology and data protection.
Colin studied Politics and International Relations at the University of Bristol before completing a Graduate Diploma in Law (Commendation) and the Legal Practice Course (Distinction) at BPP University, London.
Between 2016 and 2019 Colin was a business administrator and then legal assistant at White & Case LLP, London.
In 2019 he joined Schillings International LLP, London as a paralegal before qualifying there in July 2021.
At Schillings, Colin gained extensive litigation experience at various levels: County Court, High Court (Queen’s Bench and Chancery Divisions) and the Court of Appeal.
He advised high profile individuals and business clients on various contentious matters – pre/post publication libel (traditional and social media), broadcast issues, privacy concerns, copyright and other intellectual property disputes.
Colin’s practice included a data protection component, utilising the GDPR and related international legislation for data subject and data controller/ processor clients. For example:
• Making and responding to data subject access requests, and subsequently reviewing the response/processing data for disclosure;
• Successfully obtaining the erasure or rectiﬁcation of personal data;
• Successfully restricting the processing of personal data;
• Advising corporate clients as to their liability under the GDPR in various contexts, and arguing in correspondence the legitimate basis for continued processing of personal data;
• Developed data management policies and data breach response plans; and