Contracts are the essence of business relationships. Our contract solicitors provide expert advice on contract law surrounding a wide range of contracts including for the supply or purchase of goods, services and works. We put in place clear, workable and cost-effective agreements to enable our clients to lock down new opportunities and focus on growing their businesses.
Business Contracts Solicitors
Our clients rely on our contract solicitors to help them negotiate their contracts and advise on contract law because we turn work around rapidly and we adopt a pragmatic and sensitive approach to the new relationships that they are forging with their business partners.
We provide contract law advice for all types of arrangements including agency, distribution, reseller and franchise agreements.
We also have significant experience in advising on joint venture, subcontract, teaming and consortium agreements, often in the context of bidding for tenders and the implementation of projects following successful award.
Examples of Commercial Contracts we provide and advise on
We can help with a wide variety of contracts including the following:
- supply of goods agreements
- supply of services agreements
- distribution agreements
- agency arrangements
- joint venture agreements
- subcontractor agreements
- franchise arrangements
- teaming agreements
- non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements
Examples of work by our contracts lawyers in London
Our contract law experience is extensive and varied:
- advising a wide variety of start-ups and SMEs on their terms of business and supply contracts.
- advising recruitment agencies on their standard terms of business.
- advising a retailer on its UK warehouse and distribution outsourcing agreements.
- advising a forensics services and data analytics supplier on its standard conditions of business and negotiating numerous contracts with its clients.
- advising a designer on a cross-border IP licence.
- advising on agency and distribution agreements for the international sale of medical equipment.
- advising leading businesses in the international development sector on all aspects of their contractual arrangements with clients, subcontractors and joint venture partners both in the UK and overseas.
- advising a well-known tour operator in the student snowsports sector on all aspects of their business.
- advising a digital marketing company on a wide range of data purchase and supply agreements.
- helping clients resolve contract disputes before they reach litigation stage.
- advising an oil company on a production sharing agreement with an authority in the Middle-East.
- advising on the supply of major public-sector capacity building projects to various Governments in Sub-Saharan Africa.
What do our clients say about our contract solicitors?
“Cardno has worked closely with EM Law since 2013. The advice and support provided to our business by EM Law has been of a high quality, relevant to our requirements and more importantly helped us to make the appropriate decisions that have contributed to the success of our business. I would strongly recommend EM Law as a trusted partner for providing expert advice and support on a wide range of legal and compliance matters.”
George Mukkath Managing Director Cardno Emerging Markets (UK) Ltd
“Neil and his team have undertaken several items of legal work covering contracts, agreements and share option schemes for IMC Worldwide over the past few years and have been responsive to our needs, professional, efficient and easy to work with every time. We recommend EM Law if you are looking for good value, friendly legal advice.”
Gavin English MD IMC Worldwide Ltd
“We have been working with Neil for many years now, more recently on a retained basis because he has become someone we trust and who understands our business requirements. Neil has proven himself to be incredibly adaptable and has always been our go-to person for the more complex commercial agreements we have had to put in place. Neil is relaxed, engaging but also very professional and can lend his breadth of experience to provide considered opinion to many different areas of law. But it’s his detailed analysis and instinctive assessment of a commercial scenario and his ability to get to grips with the business requirement, the causes and effects that make him an invaluable sounding board for us.”
Rupert Wood CEO Wasteland Ski Ltd
Neil is the founder of EM Law. He is an expert in drafting and negotiating all types of contracts including supply contracts and licensing arrangements as well as helping clients with general commercial matters. He has advised a wide range of clients, for example, in the retail, tech, tour operator, marketing and aid-funded business sector on all aspects of their business and putting in place standard contracts for them to use with their partners, subcontractors and consultants both in the UK and abroad. He has drafted contracts for the supply of goods and services for a variety of start-ups, SMEs and multinationals.