Anna is a construction lawyer. She qualified at Nabarro in 1998 then practiced at Nicholson Graham & Jones, Lovells LLP and Maples Teesdale before joining Jeffrey Green Russell in 2006 as head of construction where she became a partner.
Anna represents a broad range of clients – developers, contractors, sub-contractors, consultants, purchasers, tenants and funds. She advises on all aspects of the documentation used in construction projects including building contracts, professional appointments, collateral warranties, bank and surety bonds, insurance issues and on the construction aspects of development, lease and funding agreements.
Anna contributed to the 2004 reissue of Volume 5 (Building and Engineering Contracts) as well as other publications for the Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents (LexisNexis Butterworths).
She is a member of the Society of Construction Law (SCL) and of the Technology and Construction Solicitors Association (TeCSA).
Anna is also engaged as a consultant by the College of Law to teach construction master-classes to junior lawyers.
In March 2017 Anna was named Construction Lawyer of the year for the second year running at the Lawyer Monthly Women in Law Awards. Anna was also a finalist in October 2016 at the Best Business Women Awards in the category for legal services.
Examples of Anna’s work
- Acted for a major lending institution lending £7m on a residential development comprising social and private housing.
- Acted for a JV Partner in respect of its involvement with the Lee Valley Sewage Replacement System during the tender period and post appointment of the JV as preferred bidder.
- Acted for a major lending institution on a £44m refinancing facility involving the development of 8 residential care homes.
- Acted for a specialist contractor engaged under an NEC3 contract for a public sector work project.
- Acted on behalf of a major bank lending funds to the developer of a mixed development scheme comprising the construction of three multi storey buildings incorporating 1,105 square metres of commercial space and 90 flats with car and cycle parking, amenity and public open space together with all associated works.
- Acted for the developer of a site in North London developing, on behalf of its tenant, a six storey hotel.
- Acted for the owners of a football club in respect of the development of a new all-seater football stadium together with associated external works car parking, coach parking, external concourse and landscaping plus associated statutory services supplies and connections.
- Acted for both purchasers and contractors buying or building residential homes on individual plots.
- Acted for companies in the renewable energy sector dealing with wind farms, solar panel farms and an anaerobic digestion facility.